Wednesday, February 5, 2014

On Baby Faces and Small Dogs

Two things from yesterday.

1. The machine that makes ID cards at the community college was finally working again. Which meant I had to go get my picture taken, so I could get my card, so I could use the OpenLab for Graphic Design to get my homework done.

I think the guy taking my picture thought I was, like, seventeen or eighteen. He asked me if this was my first semester at college. When I replied, "No, I've taken another class here before, but the one I'm taking this quarter requires an ID card," he started talking about how we're actually on the semester system and that if I go to a UC, they use the quarter system.

I was like, "Yeahhh. Just came from there. O.o"

He didn't seem convinced.

2. I ran for the BART train yesterday afternoon.

Also, I have a tendency to wear dangly, jingle-bell earrings.

How do these two things relate, you ask?

Well, everyone kept stepping back and looking around curiously as I approached them on the sidewalk because they thought there was a small dog on the loose.

Because my jingly earrings sound suspiciously like dog tags when they're moving back and forth quickly.

It was a little awkward, but I was in a rush and I didn't know these people, so it was okay.

Upside, they all got out of my way which was nice 'cause I was in a hurry.

Downside, they thought I was a small dog. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}