Saturday, February 8, 2014

Proof of Night Owl Tendencies

Ask any of my friends {especially the college ones} and they'll tell you "Sam's a night owl."

I'm one of those people who stay up late, but can still wake up early in the morning energized to get to class/internship/work. I tend to work best between 11pm-9am, usually when all is quiet and dark and there are few distractions. Odd, I know.

To demonstrate this lovely ability, here's what I did today {and I was surprisingly productive considering the timeline}:

8:00pm, Thursday night: text the besties about a webcamming session Sunday night; fall asleep like a senior citizen.

1:00am, Friday morning: wake up; watch Thursday's episode of Big Bang Theory on CBS' website, which I missed because I'd fallen asleep; mess around on the computer {stare at my HTML homework and the internship application I need to get done today and wish they would do themselves}.

3:45am, Friday: try to go back to sleep since I wasn't being as productive as I'd like; fail.

4:00am, Friday: realize I'm hungry and definitely not going back to sleep; empty the inbox and clear Firefox of Pinterest tabs; fold a load of clean laundry.

4:55am, Friday: Dad leaves to go fishing with his brother.

5:00am, Friday: head downstairs with my computer, its charger, and my phone to work at a real table {everything before this was done sprawled out on my bed, under the covers... well, not the folding laundry, but everything else}; toast half a bagel and drink some blueberry juice; put the clean dishes away; get distracted by the dog; do homework.

7:30am, Friday: decide I should probably try this sleep thing again; hibernate computer; go back to bed.

10:00am, Friday: wake up; let the dog out/feed her; wash the dirty dishes; take an artsy picture of my BruinLife yearbook for Instagram; start that internship application.

12:30pm, Friday: almost done with the application, but get hungry again; eat lunch; let the dog out again; take a short Pinterest break before proofreading the app again.

1:00pm, Friday: Mom comes downstairs and Dad gets back from fishing in the rain; I move upstairs to work because it's too loud downstairs.

2:30pm, Friday: finish application and send it in; blog-reading break.

3:00pm, Friday: go downstairs to run the dog, in the rain {don't worry, both of us had raincoats on}.

3:35pm, Friday: come back in and start up the HTML homework again; wash pans so Mom can cook dinner.


6:00pm, Friday: feed the dog; help Mom with dinner.

6:30pm, Friday: dinner with the parentals while watching Modern Family, then Jeopardy Battle of the Decades.

7:30pm, Friday: return to homework and taking notes.

10:30pm, Friday: call it a night and pack up the homework; dessert!

11:00pm, Friday: get ready for bed; catch up on Twitter articles; look up a few job descriptions.

12:25am, Saturday: start writing this post.

And who knows how long I'll stay up tonight. Still not tired and it's 1:00am. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}