Monday, March 10, 2014

A Bit of Life // No. 1

I have things to write about. Posts I'd love to publish. Ideas that need to be stated. However right now, any and all creative juices I've got have been solely funneled towards cover letter writing and job applications.

So yes, it bothers me that there's been radio silence here for the last week or so. And that even before that, the posts were a tad intermittent. But at the moment, it's a necessary evil. I will have time to write for myself and for fun after I land a job. {Right? Right? O.o}

Here's some randomness to tide us both over until the next post:

+ I'd rather get rejected by a real-life person/never hear from a potential employer, than get rejected by a computer algorithm. One of the job websites that a lot of companies use has this lovely, sadistic feature that lets you know when your application has been rejected. When that information appears just minutes after you submit your app {no matter the size or popularity of the company}, you know that no real, actual, breathing person saw your resume/cover letter. So even though I fit the job description to a tee and have all the necessary qualifications and then some, my application will never be seen by human eyes. Excellent. 

{Sidenote: if you haven't seen this, you need to-- it's my favorite}.

+ Last Wednesday was quite eventful, in terms of strange occurrences on the BART train home from class. One lady decided that it was the perfect time to tell her boyfriend/hubby/significant other over the phone that he was the father of her child. That was awkward for everyone {except, apparently, her}. Another lady's bag of oranges split just as we arrived at a station, so when the train braked, all the oranges went rolling across the BART car floor, from one end of the cabin to the other. She had to stuff them all in her purse since she no longer had a bag. There was a third thing, but I forget what it was now...

+ While the rest of the country is freezing to death, California has had really great weather this winter. Except when you take the fact that we're in a major drought into consideration. But other than that, it's been crazy warm and there's lots of sunshine and I can walk outside barefoot to exercise the dog. Love this state.

+ Once Upon a Time started up again, yaaaay! Except that ABC changed its partnership terms with Hulu, so now we have to wait a week and a day to watch yesterday's episode. Boo.

+ Relatedly, Almost Human ended, and I hope it comes back for another season next year.

+ If you're in need of reading material, try some of these.

+ I've been contemplating a haircut, but I haven't decided what exactly I want. I'll probably end up getting a slightly-shorter-than-shoulder-length bob because I don't feel like going super drastic right now {can you imagine walking into a job interview with really awful hair? that's as bad as getting a horrid haircut right before graduation. ick}. Gotta admit, my last major haircut really did shake my confidence and trust in hair stylists. I'm telling you, it was bad. Like, real bad. Like, B-A-D bad. Previous to that, I had no problems lopping off giant swaths of my hair every two years {like, going from sitting on my hair to pixie. been there, done that}. Now? *shudder*

+ Zoe should audition to be in a LifeAlert commercial. She's been really stiff when she wakes up, and tends to get stuck when lying down too long. "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" Senior dog problems. ):

Okay, I think that's it for now. Have an awesome week, friends, and get enough sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}