Saturday, April 12, 2014

Weekend Reading Material // No. 3

No. 3 // April 12-13, 2014

+ Ice cream lovers, here's a behind-the-scenes look at the creation process for Ben & Jerry's CORE ice cream with the adorable brain behind Gastronomy Blog, Cathy. {I met Cathy when she spoke at a UCLA Food Truck panel my junior year and she's the bestest. Super sweet and down-to-earth, she's this pint-size lady who knows her food. I like her}.

+ I've only been to Disneyland twice in my life; once when I was five and again when I was fifteen. But having spent the last four years in SoCal, an hour-ish away from "The Happiest Place on Earth," I've met many, many Disneyland fans who have season passes and celebrate every three-day weekend with a day trip out to the parks. A big part of the experience is overpriced dining, right? So here's a list of amazing food and drinks you should try between spinning around in teacups and California adventuring. {Did you know there's a lobster roll somewhere within the park? Whaaat.}

+ Google is one of those companies that basically everyone wants to work for and this latest look at eight of their coolest offices just cements that. I mean. That giant netting hammock at the Pittsburgh location is everything and someone needs to explain to me how that digital bookshelf in New York works because I want one in California somewhere.

+ If you want to read what Eva Chen reads, read this! The uber-social Lucky Mag EIC shares her bookshelf picks and spills her TV show consumption secrets.

+ I know that Taylor Swift's Red album came out two years ago {really?!? it's been two years already? I feel old}, but I've had it on repeat lately via Rdio.com. You know how Pandora is the awesomesauce? Well, Rdio is pretty darn cool itself because you can listen to full albums of things! {Grooveshark used to let you do this, but with a lot more sketchy results. I'm not entirely sure how Soundcloud works, so... I could just be really behind the times. *shrugs*}.

+ Reasons to read Lonely Planet's Book of Everything: (1) INFOGRAPHICS, (2) the author's humorous commentary, and (3) you can learn ALL THE THINGS. I feel like this is a must read for all people looking to be a contestant on Jeopardy!. And also for people who like knowing things. Like me! Check your local library, guys!

+ As an avid blog reader, I found this post by Ashlee super interesting. I'm definitely guilty of reading and consuming without giving back and showing my appreciation in return, so lately I've been making it a point to join the conversation. My thoughts on this matter need their own post and I've been waiting for a giant writing urge to strike so that can happen. Just fyi. (:

+ This. EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS. Seriously. If you read nothing else, if you click on no other link in this post, you need to read this one. {I tried to explain why it's so important/impactful, but I can't find the right words. So just know this. The title of the post is "Why it matters when we rub our bellies and say "so long as it's healthy."" Words can shatter hearts. Be careful with yours, please}.

--

Go adventuring, friends. It's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}