Saturday, July 12, 2014

Weekend Reading Material // No. 9

No. 9 // July 12-13, 2014 {Foodie Edition}

+ Natalie James documents her exploration of LA's best restaurants on NJinLA, but if you really want a taste of that deliciousness every day, follow her Instagram and spend some time looking through her feed and those of her friends!

+ Molly is an adorable NYC foodie/musician, currently living on a farm in small-town North Dakota. For excellent food photography, a behind-the-scenes look at farm life, and all around, general "LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS"-ness {that last one may just be me}, check her out at My Name is Yeh.

+ I like Nooschi's viewpoint: "We are not food critics nor do we write about things that we don't like. With so many great restaurants out there, it's a waste of time to focus on the negative."

+ We have a bad habit in this house of buying too many bananas and then not finishing them before they turn spotty. And since Mom doesn't like bananas period, I only like them in that tiny timeframe when they're still slightly green but juuust ripe enough to eat, and Daddy's just one person, we have a lot of black, super-ripe bananas in our freezer. I'm thinking of making these dessert bars with our extra bananas and our overabundance of summer squash.

+ Does the phrase "culinary storytelling" intrigue you? Life & Thyme has some great essays about food, written by those in the industry.

+ Food blog couples always make me smile. And Martha + Tom is yet another awesome team.

--

Whoot, time to playyy. Mom wants to go to a doggy adoption event in Jack London Square today, so I'll let you know how that goes. O.o Have a great weekend and I shall see you on Monday! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}