Monday, March 2, 2015

Social Media Doesn't Come Naturally to Me

Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess // Teal Sofa & Colorful Keyboard
^ via Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess ^

Social media and I have a tough, complicated relationship. It's a clash between my desire to produce and curate good, useful content, and my need to have space and time to myself offline. Social media doesn't come naturally to me. I have to work at it. I have to emotionally prepare myself, mentally remind myself, and physically make myself stay in one place long enough to comment on all the things and come up with hopefully witty things to say. In-person, face-to-face interactions are so much easier.

Screen time is hard when you're purposefully interacting. Mindless consumption doesn't take a lot of effort, but thoughtful feedback does. Sometimes it's tiring. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I just go radio silent for a week before I'm ready to put myself back out there. It's an ebb and flow that I haven't quite mastered yet. Still working on it. Still in progress. Still improving though, which makes me feel better. We're slowly getting the hang of this. Someday, maybe, social media and I will be better friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}