Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Travel Therapy // Preparation Update

Border Collie & Heeler Look Out Car Window
{Kendra & Patrick ready for adventures!}

Update: found a place to live over the holiday weekend!

It's an apartment, not a room like I'd originally planned (prices are different, obvs, and I don't really need a heck of a lot of space), but I'm excited to have my own place for a bit.

Also, I got to talk with my new director of rehabilitation (DOR) this week over the phone and make sure we're all on the same page. It was nice to get a feel for the facility and the new boss, get some answers to my questions, and be a little more prepared heading into this new adventure.

Packing is going slowly, but surely, with me working on a Google spreadsheet to make sure I've got everything. Funnily enough, the clothes packing was, like, not a problem at all. It's the food packing that's like... O.o since the parentals (esp the padre) don't want me to starve, so the majority of what's being brought to this new apartment living situation is food.

It's made a little harder by the fact that my travel assignment is well away from big cities or urban areas, so there's no Costco or Trader Joe's nearby. If they had either of those within reasonable driving distance, I wouldn't have to pack so many edible items. *shrug*

Getting used to the chromebook, but still having to Google things like "where is the File folder?" and "how do you shut a chromebook off all the way?" *face palm*

I don't know how I'm going to function with no dogs around though. I'll fully admit that I feel more comfortable and safe with my canine companions (well, Patrick more than Kendra since I know Patrick's got my back, whereas Kendra is relying on ME to watch HER back). They provide structure and schedule and priorities, and without them... what do I do with all the extra time I'll have? It'll be so quiet! D:

The list of things I probably should update y'all about keeps growing. Like for instance, I just realized that I have NEVER mentioned Kendra on here before because the last time I posted, she didn't exist yet. I should probably explain how travel therapy works, although since this is my first assignment, I'm learning as I go, so you'd only be getting a basic/rudimentary explanation from me right now.

Mmm...

It's good to be back though. Happy July and I'll see you around!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}