Thursday, January 30, 2014

List Love // Pandora Channels

In case you were curious, here is a list of my Pandora Radio channels {in alphabetical, not preferential, order}:

+ Bubblegum Oldies // I grew up with music from the 50s-70s playing on the radio, so I know these songs by heart. Music of my childhood. (:

+ Christian Contemporary Holiday // hymns and more contemporary Christ-focused Christmas songs sung over the last ten-ish years or so. So, you know, no Rudolph or Santa Baby or Winter Wonderland. But yes, electric guitars and drums are okay.

+ Dance Pop // exactly what it sounds like. Very head-nod-inducing.

+ Disney {Children's} // think Disney princesses. That's this channel.

+ Disney Channel Stars // Oh, Selena Gomez and the Jonas Brothers. This is the channel that you're embarrassed to admit you listen to. Unless you have no shame. Like me.

+ Glee Cast // Any song that's ever been covered on Glee-- the original versions reside here.

+ Hipster BBQ // I don't actually listen to this channel. It's too hipster for me. I'm just really amused it exists. 

+ Indie Holiday // Again, no Rudolph, Santa Baby, or Frosty the Snowman. But yes to lesser known, stripped down takes of other Christmas classics. If you're a fan of Ingrid Michaelson, She & Him, etc, this is for you.

+ Michael Buble // Crooner radio.

+ Pixie Lott // This is as alternative, hipster-esque as I get. Plus, the majority of the girls are singer-songwriters and are also altos. SO I CAN SING ALONG WITHOUT GOING HOARSE/SOUNDING DEMENTED. Whoot.

+ Pop Love Songs // Along the lines of Top 40 Radio. But more happy, less angry.

+ Praise and Worship // Christian Contemporary. Things you might sing at the college group on any given Sunday.

+ Spanish Contemporary // A leftover from my Spanish 2 and Spanish 3 days. If you're looking to learn Spanish and need more practice listening/understanding, you've got three choices: commercials, pop songs, or sitcoms. All are good options.

+ Tween // Usually a cleaner, more kid-friendly version of Pop Love Songs/Top 40 {or a slightly more grown up version of Disney Channel Stars}. Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, and One Direction are on heavy rotation here.

+ Wicked {Original Broadway Cast} // For all your Broadway belting needs.

+ Women of Country // I like the story-telling nature of country music, but don't want to hear about your frequent and vast alcohol consumption, how your woman left you, or how much you like driving big trucks. So. These are songs sung by the women of country music {very little TSwift, if that's your thing though}-- more love stories, quests for revenge, and observations about small town life. Think Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, and Carrie Underwood.

Apparently, I'm all over the musical map. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}