Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Overheard // IT Help Knows All Your Dark Secrets

IT Help: Hello, this is David, how can I help you?

Me: Hi, I'm having problems logging into the community college website? I can't remember my username or my password, but I know I have an account from a few years back. Do I need to create a new account, or can you help me find the information?

IT Help: Yes, I can definitely do that for you. Name?... Birthday?... Address?... Email?

Me: Uh... *gives him the official UCLA email*

IT Help: Nooo, that's not the one I have here. This is a Yahoo one.

Me: Oh. Hmm. Is it *awkwardly gives the first email address I ever made*? {Note: WAY back in middle school. Needless to say, it's horrifyingly adolescent}.

IT Help: Yep, that's the one. {You can hear the smirk. Drat}. Ready for your username?

Me: Sure! {Oh, naive me. And here I was expecting it to be something at least semi-professional...}.

IT Help: Okay, here goes: T. W. E. E. T. Y. S. G. I. R. L.

Me: ... {Mentally: what IS tha-- DRAT}.

IT Help: It looks like... Tweety's girl?

Me: Uh... *invisible facepalm* Yeaaah, I made this way back in early high school. *nervous haha* Thanks for finding my account.

IT Help: Yeah, no problem! Anything else today?

Me: Nope. Thanks again! Have a great day!

IT Help: You too! 

--

You know what the best part is? I can't change my username. I can change the email address, the password, everything else. But the username? Nope, I'm Tweety's girl forever. Dear goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}