Saturday, May 17, 2014

Weekend Reading Material // No. 5

No. 5 // May 17-18, 2014

+ This cookie dough ice cream sandwich is way beyond my technical skills in the kitchen, but it still MUST be shared. I mean. Look at those pictures.

+ Remember back in elementary school when you'd get into an argument with another student and the teacher would be like, "Okay, now tell each other you're sorry," and you'd both be like, "sorry. -___-" and neither of you would mean it? Well, here's a better way to apologize.

+ Not a fan of small talk? Here are a few tips to make that next conversation a little less awkward.

+ I love learning new things and must admit that I'm one of those weird people who actually like school and being in class. One of the perks of being a UCLA alum is that we still have free access to all the video tutorials on Lynda.com; however, if you'd rather not pay the subscription fee, here are eight websites to learn things online for free. {It's not a complete list, though. I like this one a lot and although this one has a small monthly fee, it's pretty good as well}.

+ Please excuse the language in this next one, but I'm dying over this conversation about "What if Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy were girls?" It's not a new topic of conversation, as anyone who reads or dabbles in fanfiction knows, but I still found this particular reddit thread hilarious.

+ This fanart of Toothless and Stitch. There are no words. Too much cute.

+ Dancing with the Stars is one of those guilty pleasure shows where you don't publicly announce you like it because you know other people will judge you for it-- but this past week's Stars of Dance sequence was amazing enough that I had to show you all. And in case you're wondering afterwards, the song is this one. {Someone teach me that choreography, stat}.

+ As another school year comes to a close and ALL THE SEMESTER GRADUATIONS occurred this past week while quarter system kids still haven't even finished midterms yet, here's a decently comprehensive list of things only kids on the quarter system would understand. Good luck, almost grads!

--

I wish you a happy weekend, I wish you a happy weekend, I wish you a happy weekend, and a marvelous Mondayyyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}