Friday, August 15, 2014

The Waiting is the Worst


The waiting is the worst.

This limboland where you're waiting to hear back and you're not really sure how it went so the verdict could fall either way...

And you're excited about the possibilities, but you don't want to get your hopes up too much because what if it's a "thanks, but no thanks" email in your inbox tomorrow...

So you're stuck with perpetual butterflies in your stomach and your mind is whirling non-stop and your brain is considering all the things you could've said more eloquently or should have mentioned at all...

It's hard to swallow over that lump of nervousness in your throat, which you know is silly because you won't hear back from these people for at least twelve hours and there's nothing you could do now anyways...

What if it's a "yay, let's schedule a follow-up call" email? Fingers crossed that it is...

But what if it's a "we're sorry, but we aren't able to offer you a position at this time" email? A "thank you for your time, but we've decided to pursue other candidates right now" email? Gosh, those are disappointing...

Did I come across too inexperienced over the phone? Too nervous? Too ramble-y? Too cheerful? People who don't know me very well do tend to think I'm twelve the first time they call...

I should have mentioned that I know someone that currently works there. I know there wasn't really a good time to ease that into the conversation, but it might have really helped my case. Even if we didn't hang out with the same crowd during class...

Good grief. Even if I do get a "we like you!" email, I still have another phone call, an in-person, another phone call, and then mayyybe a decision. My nerves will be shot by that point...

Really wish everything will work out this time though. That'd be nice. That'd be really, really nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}