Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014


Things We Did This Thanksgiving:

+ Woke up and rolled back over because it's just us and we're in no rush to do anything today.

+ Daddy washed and started baking the yams by 10am and had crescent rolls in the toaster oven by 11am.

+ The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade was on, but no one was really watching... or listening. We just like having background noise.

+ I vacuumed some of downstairs.

+ I spent an hour and a half doing internshippy stuff in the hopes that I wouldn't have to turn on my computer for the rest of the weekend. {Spoiler: it didn't work}.

+ Yams came out of the oven, smoked turkey went in, Mom started her naw mey fan {I mutilated that spelling, but basically, sticky rice with sausage, peas, carrots, green onions, and shitaki mushrooms}.

+ We got distracted by the Purina National Dog Show. We find ANY dog show on TV and we'll get distracted. Favorite quote: "The perfect dog is the one next to you." Excellent.

+ Mom worked on her rice, Daddy ran the dog, I finished vacuuming.

+ I mentioned that the smell of baked yams and shitaki mushrooms probably signal Thanksgiving to me. It's kind of an odd combination, but it smells delicious, fyi.

+ Munching on turkey and yams and sticky rice was done around 2pm. Because again, it's just us and we can do what we want, when we want.

+ All afternoon, Daddy watched Nicholas Sparks movies, Mom contemplated working on her clothing-alterations pile {all hers because all her things are too baggy on her. I told her to stop buying things that are too large, she said some of this stuff is from twenty years ago. I don't understand this woman}, and I continued to clean my room. Zoe napped.

+ I had to keep logging onto my computer to deal with internshippy stuff. Another two hours worth. Yay.

+ More munching was done, progressive dinner style. Because again, it's just us.

+ "Thank You America" and the "Cause for Paws" dog show were watched. Because again, dog shows.

+ Blog posts were written.

+ Time was spent with la familia and petting the dog and enjoying the gorgeous weather outside. Twas good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}