Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The 23 List // April Update

Rainy Day Cow Pasture
^ One of the few days it drizzled this year. We need MOAR. ^

+ go on a weekend adventure out of state // at Ruth's wedding, a few of us threw around the idea of road-tripping out to St. Louis to visit her this June. Whether or not it happens or not, is kind of unlikely, BUT. You never know. So. It's a tentative thing right now. Fingers crossed for an adventure!

+ bake eight new recipes // Mimi Cafe's Carrot Raisin Loaf.

+ read three non-fiction books, cover to cover // Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl. I do love reading about food people and this book has fantastic storytelling-- it's the autobiography of a New York Times food critic and the unintentional journey of identity she goes on as she dons various disguises for her work and finds a part of herself in each. I actually learned a lot of food knowledge from this book and discovered that I wouldn't want to BE a food critic, though I probably wouldn't mind being friends with or married to one. Ruth's ability to describe what she's eating is so detailed that you can pretty much taste it as you read. She also has a way of writing that draws you in and keeps you captivated-- I even read ALL of the acknowledgements section, which is usually just a really long list of names, but with her, it's just as humorous and personal as the other chapters. Just remember these four things when you go to a restaurant: food, decor, service, and company. Those are the things you need to take into account when judging a meal.


+ send snail mail to five people {thank you cards don't count} // at least two of these have been sent! One to Steph {just because} and one to Janelle {yes, I realize she's like a five minute drive away, but who doesn't like snail mail?}. I think the next ones will be to Debrr and Mickeyla. I need one more person to send a card to... who wants one? (:

+ find a reason to wear a sparkly dress // well, I didn't wear a sparkly dress to Ruth's wedding, but I did dress up a bit. So I sorta count that. There's another wedding in July I'm attending, but I don't think I'll be wearing a sparkly dress to that either. Afternoon weddings aren't really conducive to sparkles, you know?

+ reach 50 Instagram and 500 Pinterest followers // right now, we're at 78 Instagram peeps and 520 Pinterest friends. Exciting!

+ start a guest interview series on the blog // the questions are pretty set, I think. Now I just gotta ask friends if they'd be willing to answer a few questions. Moohahaha.


--

The 23 List Updates for September/OctoberNovemberDecemberJanuary/February, and March in case you missed them. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}