Monday, March 30, 2015

The 23 List // March Update

Popsicle Shadow Silhouette
^ Yes, I'm holding a popsicle. Yes, my hair was in pigtails. Yes, this is as close to selfies as I usually get. I am so grown up it hurts. :P ^

bake eight new recipes // brown sugar oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.

+ read three non-fiction books, cover to cover // What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding by Kristin Newman. Super fun and easy read, if a little irreverent and eyebrow-raising at times. I got a kick out of it, but if you're the GIANTPERSONALBUBBLE type {which I actually am IRL, but not when it comes to text}, you might get slightly uncomfortable. :P My short review here.

+ read three non-fiction books, cover to cover // The Mathematics of Love by Hannah Fry. "Math is the language of nature, and by listening to what the mathematics tells us, we can all gain a better understanding of how and why we do the things we do." She gets a bit social science textbook-y, but it's mostly written with the lay reader in mind. This is applicable science. The pop culture references sprinkled throughout the book are amusing, although I take issue with the Harry Potter reference in Chapter 4 because Hermione is awesome and isn't pining for Harry to notice her. ): I did know most of the content from my college classes, but the two chapters I learned something from were Chapter 3 {you have a better chance of getting your first choice if you are assertive} and Chapter 7 {when should you settle down?}. 

+ reach 50 Instagram followers and 500 Pinterest followers // number time-- as of the time this post is published, there's 70 Instagram followers and 525 Pinterest followers. Yay!

+ listen to 10 podcasts // done! I had been stuck at eight since, like, the first month I started The 23 List {as I've mentioned before, podcasts don't really relax me the way they do for other people. I feel like I have to take notes and pay attention, since UCLA sometimes podcasted their lectures and I'm used to that. Problems}. But I sat myself down and listened {and took notes-- I can't help it!} to the last two this past week. I'm not sure if I'll listen to more now that this goal has been fulfilled, but maybe. I like the idea of podcasts, I'm just not very good with the reality of them. I'm weird. Recap of what I listened to {with my notes} coming soon.

+ foodie adventure as much as possible // did some of that this month, though not as much as a regular month. With Zoe going downhill that first week of March and me hermitting like mad the following week and a half, I didn't adventure a whole lot. I did hang out with Janelle at Cafe 4 again and we had lunch at Mitsuwa Marketplace in San Jose with her sister. Still behind on posting about that though, as per usual. :P

--

The 23 List Updates for September/OctoberNovemberDecember, and January/February in case you missed them. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}