Monday, June 29, 2015

The 23 List // June Update

^ The bridge at 1.77 miles on a Lake Chabot hike with the padre. Isn't it pretty? ^

+ take a road trip... where I'm actually behind the wheel and there are other people in the car // Well, I didn't take a road trip, but I DID finally drive with someone other than my parentals in the car last week! *cheercheercheer* I felt really accomplished the entire rest of the day. :P

+ hike a trail that takes longer than five hours from start to finish // The padre and I have been slowly increasing the length of our walks around Lake Chabot, now that he's able to handle the distance and hills better. Even though our walking speed is gradually increasing as well, it will probably still take around five plus hours for us to go all the way around. Not sure we'll be able to accomplish that in the next two weeks though. Still. Progress!

+ read three nonfiction books, cover to cover // Coolhaus Ice Cream Book by Natasha Case & Freya Estreller. I've been a fan of their company since my freshman year of college, so following along with their success has kind of felt personal. I dunno how to explain it-- you know those companies that you just click with? This is one of mine. I most likely won't be making any of their ice cream recipes anytime soon, but I'm hoping to try a few of their cookie recipes before the end of the 23 List.

+ reach 50 Instagram and 500 Pinterest followers // Numbers time! 82 Instagram friends, 540 Pinterest peeps. Pretty awesome.

+ get a job // DONE. My month long unintended hiatus was partially due to starting a new part time job, partially due to our new pup, Patrick. But yeah! I'm working again and actually getting a paycheck as opposed to my normal "work for free internships" thing. Whoot! Excited.

--

It's been a chill month. I'm not hermitting, per say, since I'm going outside almost every day to work for a few hours, but I didn't do any adventuring either. It's been lots of dog, lots of walking with the padre, and lots of working. Hopefully next month will involve more adventures and playing {it'll help that Patrick will have all his shots by mid-July and can then go outside in public places-- right now he's stuck in the house and backyard}. There's a wedding and several birthdays coming up as well, so those should be fun!


-- 

The 23 List updates for September/OctoberNovemberDecemberJanuary/FebruaryMarchApril, and May in case you missed them. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you-- comments brighten my day! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend! (:

{Do be forewarned that I reserve the right to remove comments that are made to intentionally hurt or provoke others, be malicious, or have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Think before you type, guys. Thanks!}